Post-Divorce Changes to Custody and Child Support Orders

It is possible to adjust or modify the original court order when one parent has a change in circumstances. At the Dallas, Texas, law firm of Sullivan & Cook, our lawyers are creative. We are known for developing flexible solutions to problems that may arise when parental situations change after final orders are issued in divorce decrees.
Experience counts. Contact the Texas lawyers with more than 225 jury trials to their credit. Call 214-520-7494.
Even if both parents agree to a change in support, visitation or custody, the change is not legal until the court approves it. We make sure that our clients are protected by submitting petitions to modify existing orders. If changed circumstances make it necessary to have a custody or child support modification, contact an attorney with years of experience in handling such matters. Call Sullivan & Cook, LLC, at 214-520-7494.

Modifications to Child Support or Visitation Orders Must Be Approved by the Court

A change resulting from instances such as these must be finalized by the court or it is not enforceable. Our attorneys will complete all paperwork, attend all hearings and take the case to trial if needed to get a modification approved. We make sure that alterations to existing orders work for clients now and in the future.

Typical Reasons a Modification to a Court Order or Agreement Is Granted

The most common changes that lead to a request for a modification are:

  • Reduction or increase in income
  • Change in job situation
  • Relocation of one parent
  • Illness or special needs in a child or parent


Lawyers Who Handle Unusual Circumstances Routinely

We have assisted many clients who find themselves in situations that are more unusual. We have no fear of cases involving paternity, incarceration or the disappearance of the other parent. Whatever the circumstances, our lawyers can develop proposals for modifications of orders that can address the most challenging issues.

Contact our Dallas office to discuss the modification of a child support, custody or visitation order. Call us today at 214-520-7494.

A regional Texas, law firm primarily serving people in cities such as Dallas, Allen, Plano, Richardson, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Southlake, Carrollton, Grand Prairie, McKinney, Denton, Mesquite, and Rockwall and throughout Dallas County, Denton County, Collin County, Tarrant County, Parker County, Montague County, Cooke County, Wise County and Rockwall County.